8th Graders, Don’t miss City High’s 2019 Spring OPEN HOUSE for New Admissions. RSVP today!
8th Graders (class of 2023) and 9th graders (class of 2022) transferring , join us for our NEW ADMISSIONS Spring Open House this March 23rd, 2019.
Your 8th grader’s potential for success is defined by the high school he/she attends!
You’ll be able to see where your child can embark on his or her greatest potential! See our NEW fitness center, visit classrooms and labs, and our cafeteria with a professionally equipped kitchen for chef-prepared lunches! Learn about students’ free laptops and cultural field trips and why Niche.com gave us an A- rating in Health and Safety, and so much more.
Be a part of the success!
- 96% Graduation Rate, Class of 2018—Our teachers loop all four years with their students, a key element of our student retention and success.
- 100% Internship Completion—We partner with the Pittsburgh business community to provide real-world work experience, another unique element to our students’ success.
- 92% Qualify for the The Pittsburgh Promise—CITY CHARTER HIGH SCHOOL is a public charter school approved by the Pittsburgh Public School (PPS) Board but is not a PPS-operated school. We are self governed with a private elected Board. Our location in Pittsburgh still allows our students to apply for the Pittsburgh Promise Scholarship Program!
- Teachers Loop, staying with the same 180 students for all four years, so they get to know your learning styles.
- Staffed with full-time Nurse, a full-time Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC) and a full-time Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Post High School Planning Team— providing training and support for college, trade/tech school or direct-to-work students
- Technology Infused—mandatory technology classes, and robotics and programming electives
- FREE* laptop 24/7—wireless classrooms, yours to keep after graduation.
- Microsoft Office & Adobe certifications
- Cultural Field Trips to New York, Niagara Falls, Presque Isle, Camp Kon-o-Kwee and Costa Rica
- Opportunities to earn college credits at CCAC or Point Park University
- Career Mapping for each student
Why City High?
- FREE* laptop 24/7—wireless classrooms, laptop is yours to keep after graduation.
- Microsoft Office & Adobe certifications.
- Opportunities to earn college credits at CCAC or Point Park University.
- Career Mapping for each student.
- Post High School Planning Team – provides training and support for college, trade/tech school or direct-to-work students.
- Required professional attire.
- Year-round classes/emphasis on academics.
- Private study carrels and wing for seniors.
- Small school – individual attention.
- Leadership encouragement.
- Student run robotics team & program workshops.
- Cultural field trips.
- Required service learning.
- New on-site fitness center.
- Dances and clubs.
- A- Safety Rating—niche.com
- City High’s diligent and proactive health and safety departments are the backbone of our academic success, because learning happens when students feel safe.
Ensuring a safer place for learning.
- Risk assessments completed by: PA State Police, Pgh Emergency Management & Dept. of Homeland Security.
- Enhanced Anti-bullying Policy
- ALICE-Certified Training at 100%—Staff and Students
- City Charter High School is officially an “ALICE Certified Organization,” one of only 16 organizations in the state of Pennsylvania to receive this certification.
- Secure Ballistic Lobby
- 82 Monitored Cameras
- ID Secured Entrance
- Emergency Panic Buttons
- Safe-2-Say Something Tip Line
- Staffed with a full-time Nurse, full-time Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC) and a full-time Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
June 24, 2018
My son is a Senior, class of 2018. I can’t even begin to put into words the vast difference my youngest son’s high school experience was compared to his two older siblings that attended our neighborhood high school. He went to places he may never have seen like New York and Costa Rica. He was in the school musical. He got amazing experience interning at The Renaissance Hotel where he met some pretty incredible people. He was even invited to come back during the summer breaks from College. The Senior year experience sets them up for the “real world”, no hand holding. 5 stars is actually an understatement to me. Great school!
—Celeste J. G., City High Class of 2018 Alumni Parent
November 22, 2018
My daughter is a senior, my son a freshman at City High. The curriculum is amazing. My daughter has accumulated the discipline, knowledge & skills needed for successful college & adult life. Throughout her 4 years there, she was guided through college/career options that best suited her. The teachers and staff care about your child as a whole. They take the time to learn your child’s personality, strengths, weaknesses, study habits, which learning style works best for them, what makes them happy. I can see already that this will make them better equipped to prepare for life after City High. Thank you, City High, for pouring yourself into my children, giving them a push when they need it and boosting their confidence. And thank you for working towards making them successful adults who know they matter and can make a difference!
—Carla B., City High Class of 2019 Parent
September 22, 2017
My 1st year of college math was all review for me; thanks to Mr. Harris! The internship I did in 11th grade helped me get a job this summer. The staff still cares for you even after you graduate. The teachers are friendly and helpful. I am a proud alumni.
—Courtney S., Class of 2016, City Charter High School
September 22, 2017
My twins go there. They are on their 3rd year. They love it. Best thing we ever did was send them to City High.
—Kellie Cathleen F., Parent, City Charter High School
CITY CHARTER HIGH SCHOOL is a public charter school approved by the Pittsburgh Public School (PPS) Board but is not a PPS-operated school. We are self governed with a private elected Board. Our location in Pittsburgh still allows our students to apply for the Pittsburgh Promise Scholarship Program!*The cost of each student’s public education and laptop is paid for by taxpayer dollars. Laptops are yours to keep upon graduation. © City High. City High is an Equal Rights and Opportunity Public School.