Distance-Learning Preparedness Clearly Sets City High Apart.
On-time Graduation for Class of 2020
96% Graduation Rate
92% Pittsburgh Promise Scholarship Eligibility
—Highest Promise Eligibility of all Pittsburgh Public Schools!
#1 Ranked Pittsburgh Area Charter High School – niche.com
11th Best Charter High School in Pennsylvania – niche.com
“A” Safety Rating – niche.com And more!
Application deadlines for transferring students.
Current 10th Graders must submit a completed application before January 24th, of their Sophomore year to attend.
Current 9th graders submitting applications after January 24th, of their Freshman year will need to apply for 10th grade for the 2020-2021 school year.
You DO NOT need to live in the city of Pittsburgh to attend City High.
City High is a
Class of 2024–Apply today! And discover what we’ve known all along – technology is essential to learning.
From FREE laptops and software skills training and certification, to virtual classrooms and all the tech support to keep students connected, City High is the smarter option for your child in these challenging times.
• FREE* Laptop for each student, along with complete Tech Support, including repairs, loaner laptops, and daily technology phone support.
• Technology Courses and software skills with training in multi-media applications and Certification in programs used by most employers, like Microsoft Office and Adobe.
• Distance Learning Preparedness – our students regularly use Google Classroom – creating a Virtual Classroom so they can learn wherever they are.
• Networked Environment – Students check and submit assignments online – often communicate with teachers and each other through email, Google Meet, text and phone. Plus, WiFi Hotspots for students who don’t have access at home.
BUT, technology alone itself is not enough.
City High is a Tuition-FREE* Public Charter High School, with a completely unique concept – technology based, and college and career focused – that uses breakthrough methods to keep kids engaged and learning so they leave prepared for whatever life throws at them.
• Teacher Looping – keeping teachers and students together all 4 years to build strong connections …and close working relationships… whether in school or at home.
• Year-Round Trimester System and Longer Class Hours for more instruction time than traditional schools.
• College & Career Planning for every student, supported by a dedicated Post-High School Planning Team.
• All graduates complete a 13-week Mentored Internship to explore a potential career and get a taste of the real work environment.
• Opportunities to Earn College Credits at CCAC or Point Park University
• Hands-on S.T.E.M. Labs, Student Robotics Team, Programming Electives, Anatomy & Physiology Elective Labs
• Cultural Field Trips to New York, Niagara Falls, Presque Isle, Camp Kon-o-Kwee and Costa Rica
• Unique Senior Model: Private study work stations and separate wing for Seniors
• On-Site Fitness Center
• Dances, Art Club, Chorus and High School Musical, Advisory Program and Club Activities integrated within the school day.
Hurry, over 130 seats have already been filled for the class of 2024! APPLY NOW!
Current 10th Grade transfer student must submit their completed application before January 24th of their Freshmen year to attend City High. City High does not accept transferring student after the 10th grade.
CITY CHARTER HIGH SCHOOL is a public charter school approved by the Pittsburgh Public School (PPS) board but is not a PPS-operated school. We are self-governed with a privately elected Board. Our location in Pittsburgh still allows our students to apply for the Pittsburgh Promise Scholarship Program!
*The cost of each student’s public education and laptop is paid for by taxpayer dollars. Laptops are theirs to keep upon graduation. © City High. City High is an Equal Rights and Opportunity Public School.