The City High Graduation Project weaves together a deep exploration of an area of student interest with in-depth research and active engagement in a real-world experience. Successful completion of all Graduation Project course requirements are required to earn a City High diploma and walk across the stage.
Purpose And Components
City Charter High School students are required to take the Graduation Project class during their 11th and 12th grades to design a project that will provide students opportunities to exhibit their initiative as well as the numerous developed skills of problem solving, decision-making, and independent research as they investigate a self-selected specific area of interest. This project allows students to propose and design an independent, personalized hands-on learning experience, presented through a culminating exhibition of a quality product.
The following components are required for project completion:
- Independent Learning (IL) Component (IL Grade, Final Reflection)
- Research Component (Junior Year Grade)
- Written Component (Literature Review)
- Action Project Component
- Tangible (End-Product) Component
- Presentation Component (Electronic presentation or academic poster)