Distance-Learning Preparedness Clearly Sets City High Apart.
Fall Classes Start:
August 31st—All Grade Levels
96% Graduation Rate
92% Pittsburgh Promise Scholarship Eligibility
—Highest Promise Eligibility of all Pittsburgh Public Schools!
#1 Ranked Pittsburgh Area Charter High School – niche.com
11th Best Charter High School in Pennsylvania – niche.com
“A” Safety Rating – niche.com And more!
Application deadlines for transferring students.
Current 10th Graders must submit a completed application before January 24th, of their Sophomore year to attend.
Current 9th graders submitting applications after January 24th, of their Freshman year will need to apply for 10th grade for the 2020-2021 school year.
You DO NOT need to live in the city of Pittsburgh to attend City High.
City High is a
Class of 2024 & 2023–Apply today! And discover what we’ve known all along – technology is essential to learning.
A clear winner during distance learning—City Charter High School has always provided FREE Laptops and a strong Technology Curriculum at the start of each student’s Freshmen year. Software skills training and certification, virtual classrooms and all the tech support to keep students connected, is why City Charter High School is the smarter option for your child in these challenging times.
Livestreamed Virtual Classrooms and In-Person Support One Day per Week.
Our fall 2020 reopening will take distance learning to the next level. Students will use their FREE laptop to join their teachers and classmates in virtual, livestreamed, interactive classrooms, with an option for in-person academic and student support services one day a week for those who might want additional help.
• Technology Curriculum – a Core Requirement Since 2002
• FREE Laptop at the Start of Freshmen Year
• Engaging Students with Teacher Looping All 4 Years
• 13-week Mentored Internship
• College and Career Preparation
• Enhanced Safety Precautions
• Optional In-person support one day per week
Hurry! Only 35 spots remain. Will you take one of them?
Back to school has a whole new meaning this year. Which is why many parents are glad they have chosen tech-forward City Charter High School, consistently ranked one of the best charter high schools in Pittsburgh.
All students will have all of their classes but in a condensed half-day schedule. They will log in for their morning or afternoon schedule as if they were in person, except they will join their teacher’s interactive Google classroom along with their classmates. This live synchronous learning format should make returning to in-person classes, once permitted, pretty seamless. They simply rejoin their same teachers and classmates on campus.
The optional In-person support one day per week experience will see the implementation of many safety precautions — like infrared temperature screenings, staggered entrances and departures, mask wearing, enhanced cleaning, sanitizing stations and other social-distancing efforts throughout classrooms and common areas.
From FREE laptops and software skills training and certification, to virtual classrooms and all the tech support to keep students connected, City High is the smarter option for your child in these challenging times.
• FREE* Laptop for each student, along with complete Tech Support, including repairs, loaner laptops, and daily technology phone support.
• Technology Courses and software skills with training in multi-media applications and Certification in programs used by most employers, like Microsoft Office and Adobe.
• Distance Learning Preparedness – our students regularly use Google Classroom – creating a Virtual Classroom so they can learn wherever they are.
• Networked Environment – Students check and submit assignments online – often communicate with teachers and each other through email, Google Meet, text and phone. Plus, WiFi Hotspots for students who don’t have access at home.
BUT, technology alone itself is not enough.
City High is a Tuition-FREE* Public Charter High School, with a completely unique concept – technology based, and college and career focused – that uses breakthrough methods to keep kids engaged and learning so they leave prepared for whatever life throws at them.
• Teacher Looping – keeping teachers and students together all 4 years to build strong connections …and close working relationships… whether in school or at home.
• Year-Round Trimester System and Longer Class Hours for more instruction time than traditional schools.
• College & Career Planning for every student, supported by a dedicated Post-High School Planning Team.
• All graduates complete a 13-week Mentored Internship to explore a potential career and get a taste of the real work environment.
• Opportunities to Earn College Credits at CCAC or Point Park University
• Hands-on S.T.E.M. Labs, Student Robotics Team, Programming Electives, Anatomy & Physiology Elective Labs
• Cultural Field Trips to New York, Niagara Falls, Presque Isle, Camp Kon-o-Kwee and Costa Rica
• Unique Senior Model: Private study work stations and separate wing for Seniors
• On-Site Fitness Center
• Dances, Art Club, Chorus and High School Musical, Advisory Program and Club Activities integrated within the school day.
Hurry, over 140 seats have already been filled for the class of 2024! APPLY NOW!
Current 10th Grade transfer student must submit their completed application before January 24th of their Freshmen year to attend City High. City High does not accept transferring student after the 10th grade.
CITY CHARTER HIGH SCHOOL is a public charter school approved by the Pittsburgh Public School (PPS) board but is not a PPS-operated school. We are self-governed with a privately elected Board. Our location in Pittsburgh still allows our students to apply for the Pittsburgh Promise Scholarship Program!
*The cost of each student’s public education and laptop is paid for by taxpayer dollars. Laptops are theirs to keep upon graduation. © City High. City High is an Equal Rights and Opportunity Public School.