Parent(s)/guardian(s), students and staff of City High:
Thanks to each and every one of you for contributing to a very successful school year in 2010 – 2011. Last year’s accomplishments were many:
- The largest graduating class in our history – 111 graduates;
- 93 of our graduates were accepted into either a 2-year or 4-year post-high-school university or training program;
- 419 MOS certifications in the graduating class;
- 99% of our 11th graders were proficient or advanced in writing on the PSSA; and
- Of our graduates who attend college, 75% earned a bachelors degree within 6 years as compared to 57% nationally.
I am looking forward to another outstanding year with academic success for all our students. Please note the important information about the start of school below.
- School opens on Tuesday, August 30th. 9th graders and new 10th graders should report by 7:45. All other students should report at 9:45.
- School dismissal is at 3:45 for 9th/10th graders and at 3:35 for 11th/12th graders.
- Please pay close attention to our dress code. Students who don’t comply with the code will be sent home to change their clothes.
- Parent conference reminder. Fall conferences will be on October 10th from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM. More information will follow.
Welcome back for the 2011 -12 school year. Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. Working together we can achieve greatness!
Richard Wertheimer, Ed.D.