City High is moving to 201 Stanwix Street – the corner of Stanwix and Blvd. of the Allies.
Students will begin the second trimester at the new location. Their first day is Friday, January 6, 2012.
City High will occupy the first four floors of the new building. The rest of the building will consist of luxury apartments. The move provides us with a number of improvements to our program:
- 18,000 sq.ft. of additional space
- Exclusive entrance for City High students and staff
- Larger classrooms
- More conference/meeting rooms
- Improved science labs with chemistry capabilities
- 200 seat auditorium
- A vastly improved kitchen and food service program
- An increase in the student body from 570 to 600 students
- A new 12th grade classroom design that promotes independent learning
Students will be taken on a tour of the new facility prior to the move. We will have an open house for parents once we are moved in.