City Charter High School will:
- Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables students to meet the State’s student academic achievement standards as follows: – Combine relevant curriculums and align them to the State standards.
- Provide an after school tutoring programs to allow students to receive assistance with regular school work.
- Tracking will not be utilized in classes thus exposing all students to high quality curriculum.
- Differentiate the instruction in classes ensuring the individual needs of students are met.
- Ensure that appropriate instructional techniques are utilized through regular peer and administrator observation of teachers.
- Hold parent-teacher conferences during which this compact will be discussed as it relates to the individual child’s achievement. Specifically, those conferences will be held on October 12, 2015 and February 15, 2016 as well as on an as needed basis for individual students.
- Provide parents with frequent reports on their children’s progress. Specifically, the school will provide reports as follows:
- Trimester Report Cards
- Edline information that is regularly updated.
- Achievement test results as soon as they are available.
- Provide parents reasonable access to staff. Specifically, staff will be available for consultation with parents as follows:
- Appointments will be made with individual teachers, advisors and grade level teams during the daily planning time allotted to teachers and/or before and after school.
- Provide access to teachers via both email and voicemail.
- Provide parents opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class, and to observe classroom activities, as follows:
- To chaperone field experiences.
- To participate in classrooms discussions and presentations when appropriate.
- To observe classes throughout the school with permission of the school administration.