The City High Graduation Project weaves together a deep exploration of an area of student interest with in-depth research and active engagement in a real-world experience.
Purpose And Components
City Charter High School students are required to take the Graduation Project class during their 11th and 12th grades to design a project that will provide students opportunities to exhibit their initiative as well as the numerous developed skills of problem solving, decision-making, and independent research as they investigate a self-selected specific area of interest. This project allows students to propose and design an independent, personalized hands-on learning experience, presented through a culminating exhibition of a quality product.
The following components are required for project completion:
- Independent Learning (IL) Component (IL Grade, Final Reflection)
- Research Component (Junior Year Grade)
- Written Component (Literature Review)
- Action Project Component
- Tangible (End-Product) Component
- Presentation Component (Electronic presentation or academic poster)